16 June 2010

Wedding Blog: Post Wedding Fun

I know, I know... Two blogs in one day. But, what can I say? My husband is working, and I want to avoid doing homework. So... here I am, blogging again. Also, I'm pretty excited to blog about other events in my life, and this blog will conclude the wedding series.

Let's begin:


This is the quaint little cottage we stayed in the night of the wedding. It is the most adorable little house ever, and it was right on site! So, after leaving the reception, we drove to a local gas station and grabbed a soda. That gave our guests time to clear out... mostly. We hadn't told anyone where we were staying.


I want a door like this someday. The green is so peaceful and inviting... and would be even without the "welcome" sign. Oh, it's just too cute for words!!


As we entered the cottage, we walked into a little sitting area with an electric fireplace. Hey, it might be fake, but it sure was nice to have a fire the next morning! It added some atmosphere!


As we walked through the living room, we entered the kitchen. Notice the wood floors- they are original. Very old, very cool. Love it!


We found that the upstairs houses a loft. In the loft, we discovered a bed with the softest comforter known to man. I'm telling you, this thing was incredibly soft and just as comfy as can be!


The bedroom area is connected to the bathroom. No privacy here.


The next morning, while I was getting ready for our gift opening luncheon, Andrew made me breakfast! He made his famous (to me!) egg sandwich, and boy was it delicious! It was such a nice treat to have breakfast made for me!


He also brought a plate of fresh fruit up to me while I was getting ready. The staff at Riverbend Chapel had this waiting for us in the fridge. It sure was tasty!

We had the most amazing stay at this little cottage to top of the wedding of our dreams. Once again, everything was absolutely perfect!!! We couldn't have asked for more!

But... the fun wasn't ending just yet! We left the cottage to head to my mom's house. Mom had prepared a nice luncheon for my family and Andrew's family to share before Andrew and I opened gifts. But, before we headed over to the house, we had to make a quick stop...


... to get my hair chopped off!! I convinced the sweet lady who did my hair for the wedding to come in on a Sunday and chop a good six inches off of my hair! I would like to get a little more cut off, but this is a nice start! I am soooo thankful she was willing to do this, and she did such a great job!

Anyways, Andrew and I posed for our first post-wedding picture with all of our gifts from the wedding! There is no doubt that we are well loved.


Though we opened many awesome gifts, I am not going to post them all. One of the coolest we received was a cedar chest of my Granny Miff's. It's been in our family for many generations, and I've had my eye on it for a while. Little did I know that Granny Miff was having my brother, Tyler, restore it and make it absolutely beautiful.


Inside the chest was a note from my Granny Miff about the origin of this beautiful chest and also before and after pictures... including ones of my brother working on it. So cool!

We opened many useful, meaningful, and wonderful gifts. We are thankful to all who helped us celebrate our wedding day! Most of all, we are thankful for the gift of love. We are surrounded by so many people who love us, pray for us, and lift our spirits. That is an irreplaceable gift, and it's the best gift of all!


After a fun day of fellowship and gift opening, we got in our cars and drove away into our happily ever after...

... and we've been enjoying it ever since!!

I love being married... I love my husband... and I thank God each and every day for the many blessings He's given me. I could not have wished for a better husband, and I am so excited to see what God has in store for our future!

3 comments:

  1. The cedar chest is definitely beautiful!
    You should eventually post the before and after pics :)
    Your hair looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you cut your hair right after the wedding. I looooooved having long hair, but it is seriously a pain to take care of everyday. Mine is about your length and I'm ready to chop another 4 inches off or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramona- I'll try to remember to do that. I just don't have digital copies of the "before" product.

    Jen- I couldn't stand it being long any longer. I work with young children at the clinic, and I hate when my hair gets in the way. I felt totally unprofessional. I was so excited that Sherrie agreed to come in on a Sunday to cut it!! And, yes, I am ready to cut more off!

    ReplyDelete