14 June 2010

Wedding Blog: Ceremony


1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all my possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

This passage from the Bible was the basis of the wedding message. Our pastor challenged us to love God first and foremost, because as humans, we are incapable of loving this way. Only through Christ can we love others as we are supposed to. It was a wonderful message, and Andrew and I soaked up every word of it.

The Ceremony:


Pictured here are my Maid of Honor, Miranda with the two Bridesmaids, Staci and Andrea. Also pictured is the Junior Bridesmaid, Zoe.


Best Man, Kent, stands with Groomsmen Luke and Matt during the ceremony.


Before the ceremony begins, our mom's lit the candles which would later be used to light the unity candle.


My beautiful niece did a wonderful job as our flower girl. She made sure that I had a perfect bed of rose petals to walk down the aisle on.


Andrew's nephew, Eli, was the perfect ring bearer. Cute and funny- what could be better?


I love this precious picture. My groom's eyes filled with tears when he first caught sight of me. What a perfect moment captured on film!

When I reached the alter, while still standing with my dad, Andrew mouthed "You look so beautiful!" This sent many into tears, and it's a moment I will never forget!


Here I stand with my dad and step-dad... Both of whom taught me to love and how to respect myself. They have always pushed me to be the best I can be, and they've encouraged me throughout my life. They are two extraordinary men!


We finally get to see each other... We are exchanging our vows in this picture!


I love this picture of our gorgeous chapel. Not only was the environment beautiful, but God's presence was outstanding!


Andrew placing the ring on my finger and pledging his love for me.


Here I am promising my life to the man of my dreams.


Two Hearts. One Love.

That was the inscription on the unity candle, and those two short sentences sum up our lives. We are two hearts beating, but we share one love... the love for our God and each other. We have joined our lives together, and we will never be parted.


After the unity candle was lit, instead of standing awkwardly for a song to finish, we chose to have our parents join us in an intimate time of prayer. My dad prayed for our new family and our marriage. It was a spectacular moment.


We were then pronounced husband and wife... and my groom finally got to kiss his bride! I could not let go! I have since found out that many laughed over my eagerness to kiss Andrew, and they've all commented on how I grabbed his face in excitement. They all exclaimed that this was a great first kiss!


Meet the new couple!! We could not be happier! We had no reservations, and we know beyond a doubt that God brought us together. We look forward to our future and what it has in store for us!

With God as our guide, we know that everything will be just fine!

For now... We are loving married life, and we are both still on cloud 9!

Next Up... Reception!

** Pictures courtesy of Jim Fish Photography **

3 comments:

  1. It's such a fairy tale. You look so happy. :) It's almost sickening. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree Jen. lol
    Absolutely like a fairytale and just jaw dropping. I too love the pic of the chapel and of course the one of Andrew's eyes filled with tears as he first saw you. So sweet!!
    Not to mention, you were absolutely stunning Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to lie girls, it truly was a fairytale come to life. The love we have for one another, and the faith we have in God's will for our lives, made it into the most perfect day.

    Ramona- The one of Andrew brings tears to my eyes still. It's a perfect picture, and Jim captured such a precious moment!

    Thank you for all of the compliments- I am one happy and blessed girl!

    ReplyDelete