16 June 2010

Wedding Blog: Favorite Details

I have so many wonderful memories from the wedding... but I don't need to tell you that. It's obvious that I do! Our photographer, Jim Fish, did a wonderful job capturing some of the most important details of the wedding. I love looking through these photographs, and I hope to sit down with my little girl someday and show her all of "mommy's" special items from the wedding day.

Let me share...


My bouquet. I chose everything for the wedding based off of this bouquet. I found a picture of a similar bouquet online, and I fell in love! I changed the wedding colors, flowers, everything because of this bouquet. Our local florist not only brought this dream to life, but they made an even prettier bouquet. I love it!


My great-grandma played a huge part in my early childhood and into my preteen years. She passed away too soon, and I miss her each and every day. I had this frame attached to my bouquet so that I would have a tangible reminder that she was with me on my wedding day. I love her so much, and I am so glad this picture was taken!


My mom presented me with this gold shell for my "something borrowed" item. My dad made this for her years ago out of dental gold and a pearl. She has saved it through the years, and despite her divorce, she kept it for a moment like this. The card that accompanied this precious item meant the world to me and described her reasoning for choosing it. It is very special to me.


This picture was taken before the ceremony. I think it's a great picture and a wonderful keepsake.


I adore this picture. Not only does it beautifully capture our rings together, but it shows the pretty detailing of my dress.


Beautiful!!


I ordered these shoes online, and they couldn't have been more perfect for my dress! The criss-crossing pattern, rhinestones, and ivory silk matched perfectly. They were beautiful AND comfortable. I was able to wear them the whole night without my feet screaming at me.


The brooch on my garter appeared in an earlier blog. Andrew and I purchased this item to stand for my "something old" and "something blue" object at the wedding. We were on a Valentine's date (I know, I know... so not me), and we found this at a local antique shop. The pearls and pale teal stones make a beautiful addition to my garter. I hope to use this brooch as a family heirloom. I wish I knew the story of who wore it before me. It's stunning.


On the morning of the wedding, my mom surprised me with this heavily beaded ivory handbag. My great-grandma carried this. It was so important to me that I not only had her picture with me, but I also had an item of hers to carry. This is my favorite keepsake from the big day.


Jim could not have captured a more meaningful moment between my mom and me. This picture beautifully captures this special moment in time. I absolutely love this picture!


I love how this picture shows my mom soaking in the moment. I am her first child to get married, and we are best friends. We have had our ups and downs as every mother and daughter do, but we shared so many special moments the day of the wedding. Moments that will never be forgotten. Moments that will never be replaced. I will always remember the special time I shared with Mom on my wedding day!


I am so glad Jim captured this moment! My sister, Miranda, is helping me with my garter. She, too, is extremely important to me, and I will always remember the memories we shared on this day. She was the perfect maid of honor- helpful, loving, patient, kind, and she was able to get the job done. For only being 15, she did an amazing job organizing, planning, and making sure I had the best experience ever. She deserves the world! I love her like crazy!!!!


This is a picture of the back of the estates. Isn't it simply gorgeous?


In lieu of a bouquet, we chose to place a palm tree at the alter in memory of each of our family members who were watching from Heaven. Pictured are six palm trees, and the seventh palm tree was placed by the piano. I missed having them there, but I know they are much happier in Heaven!


The pew arrangements were gorgeous! There were three different kinds, but this one is simply beautiful! Who would have ever thought that I would have roses at my wedding? Certainly not me, but they provided such a classy and timeless element to the day!


I loved the alter arrangements. So beautiful- so different- so me. They were outstanding.


Our unity candle was inscribed with "Two Hearts. One Love." and were crafted out of pearls and a pearly silver metal. They were soooo pretty. I had decided against a unity candle until I saw these. I couldn't pass them up. And, I found an online coupon for 40% off. I decided to gamble and see if it worked for Things Remembered. It did!!! I was shocked, but it was a sign that I needed them!


The cake servers matched the unity candle. We also had flutes from the same set that were engraved with "Mr. and Mrs." They, too, were stunning and perfectly matched the wedding decor.


Our cake was absolutely gorgeous. Wedding Wonderland created the cake and beautifully decorated with ribbon and icing. Watson's Florist decorated with the flowers from the wedding. We loved our cake! It truly was almost to pretty to eat!


Finally, our program was photographed while being held by my grandma's hands. This beautiful picture will always be special to me because of the hands in it. I love little moments like these.

Once again, I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding. So much hard work went into creating the perfect day. I could not be more grateful to my parents, family, florist, Riverbend Chapel, photographer, and so many more. I do not think I could even begin to express how thankful I am, and I am sure I would unknowingly forget someone if I tried. But, in my heart, I know how truly appreciative I am for all that was done!

Andrew and I have so many incredible memories from our wedding day, and there truly isn't anything that I would change... not even the fact that there WAS a huge snake that visited. But, my bridesmaid, Andrea, came to the rescue and had it removed from sight. Though no one was ever going to tell me about it, I'm glad I know. I find it hilarious to know that it DID make an appearance (it does every second wedding- and was due on mine), but I wasn't aware. Andrew says it's Satan's way of trying to ruin our big day, but he failed miserably.

HA- So, now that that's out... just know that I DID have an amazing wedding day... snake and all. And there STILL isn't a single thing that I would change about it!

I am loving being married- and we are so looking forward to our future together!

Next Up... Post Wedding Fun!

6 comments:

  1. Girl no words can describe how happy i am your day was so perfect. And the memories you will carry and i agree how hard it is not having them there but they are in heaven and you know they were watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I had never heard the snake superstition before. I'm assuming it is a negative thing And I'm intenting on googling it in a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen-

    It's a snake that likes to hang out at Riverbend. It comes every other weekend. It visited the weekend of Brandy Lanius's wedding, and it was due at mine. It did come... but, thankfully I had no idea until yesterday. Apparently after it visited, the groundskeepers were out spraying "snake away" around the property. haha!! So, it's not a superstition, just something that happens at my wedding! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was intending to comment on what items I loved but it turns out I loved all you little details! I'm so happy your wedding was perfect and I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete