30 September 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

... or at least I hope so!

I attempted my first Christmas wreath this week.


After fulfilling my Granny Miff's fall wreath order, she decided that she wanted a Christmas wreath as well. More specifically, she wanted a Christmas wreath that wasn't made out of the "sticks." In other words, she didn't want a grapevine wreath... she wanted a garland style wreath. I have never messed with this kind before, and it really was a learning experience for me. Instead of being able to glue everything in, I had to wire a lot of the decorations in. It was different for sure!


She had a list of items that she loved... at the top were red apples and angels. I just so happened to find sparkly red apples, beautiful silver and gold angels, and lots of fillers. More importantly, I found a silver and a gold cross to add a Christian element to this Christmas wreath.

Although it's by no means perfect, I think it turned out nicely for my first try. I enjoy making grapevine wreaths more, but I also liked the challenge this one posed. I would definitely be willing to make another one!

This wreath will head to its new home at the end of the weekend, and I hope she loves it and is proud to hang it when it comes time for Christmas decor!


No comments:

Post a Comment