06 February 2011

Grace for the Moment

I have good days- and I have bad days. No matter the day, I always miss my husband like crazy. I think we have both done well so far with being apart, but that doesn't mean that it's easy. In fact, it's really, really hard to be away from each other. Some days, I am just absolutely bitter about the distance between us. On those days, I pray a little harder... and trust a little more.

A few weeks ago, my friend bought a book called Grace for the Moment. She got the second edition. She's been sending me quotes from the book each day, and I have appreciated it so much! Yesterday, while my family was in town, we went to the local Christian bookstore. I perused the aisle in hopes that I would find the same book.

After several minutes of no luck, I rallied the forces. In no time at all, I had a winner! My stepmom, Anna, found something even better!


She found the book I was looking for... in a devotional format. This particular devotional has a morning and evening reading. What's even better than that? It was in the clearance section... this same book was $11 more at Barnes and Noble. I am pretty excited.


Also... I found this book in the same section. It has little one line quotes to lift the spirit. The price simply couldn't be beat.

I started the devotional this morning... and what would you know... the lesson was on God's purpose and having a pleasant attitude to go with it. Hmm. Ironic? I think not. I also enjoyed this quote from the other book: "A problem is no more a challenge to God than a twig is to an elephant."

I am very excited about this purchase- and I know that it will be just what my heart needs each and every day. God is so good, and His love is evident in each day.

Side note... Relying on God really helps with the distance. But, do you want to know what doesn't help? Being told that the next few months will fly by... or that when this time is over, we'll have the rest of our lives together... or that these few months are nothing in the large scheme of things... or anything else along those lines. We realize this. We also realize that we're very blessed to have technology to help us get through this. But, we also know that every day we spend away from each other is super hard. I miss my best friend with everything in me- and although I realize that all of those things are true, it doesn't help at all to hear it. Anyway... relying on God for strength is definitely the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment