05 February 2011

Wish Granted

The other day, while much of the state was experiencing a blizzard, we had a monsoon.



It was so gross outside! I cannot stand rain during the day. I love to listen to it at night- especially on a metal roof, but I'd rather not see rain during waking hours. It's just so dark, dreary, and BLAH.

So, it's safe to say that I was pretty bummed out about the whole situation. If it had been a couple of degrees cooler, we would have had ice or snow. Both would have had the potential to give me a snow day. No such luck.

Anyway, yesterday they were calling for snow. Most of us here laughed because we didn't believe it.




Much to my surprise, I woke up to snow this morning!! I was one happy camper to see the beautiful white landscape. Isn't it so much prettier than the rain?

Anyway, most of the snow melted throughout the day, but I enjoyed exploring and photographing the snow this morning!

I know I will probably be sick of snow by this time next year in New York, but right now, I'm soaking up any bit of snow we get!

Side note... my family came to visit last night through this afternoon. It sure was good to see them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment