26 March 2011

Lemon Loveliness

I really, really like lemon cake. I mean really, really, reeeaaallllyy like lemon cake. I have never been able to figure out the tangy lemon glaze that adds the wonderful crunch to a delicious slice of lemon cake. I had a box of lemon cake mix in my pantry that I've been wanting to use, and I got a craving for this tasty treat. So, I decided to make it. I didn't want to use premade icing for this cake, nor did I want to use cream cheese icing. It's just not as good that way. So, I looked up several recipes online and came up with my own. After sharing this cake with a friend and hearing her rave about it, I decided it is definitely blog worthy.

The Cake:


No secret here. Just grab a box of lemon cake mix.


Mix according to directions and pour into pan.


Bake like you're supposed to.


Remove and cool.

The Good Stuff:

What you will need:


Two lemons.


1 cup of powdered sugar.


Squeeze about 3 tablespoons of juice from the lemon. I am sure the kind from a bottle works just as well. I always have fresh lemons on hand for my water, so I just used the real stuff.


Mix the juice with the powdered sugar. If you want, you can grate a little of the peel to put in this mixture. I didn't do that.


Pour glaze on top of cake. Let it harden.

Serve and enjoy the tangy crunch!!

Attempt #1 was a success! I MAY try to add a little butter to the glaze next time, but that's doubtful. The cake passed my high standards... and, like I said earlier, my friend raved about it. So, you better believe this is going in my recipe book.

Sweet. Simple. Super delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment