16 March 2011

Long Time Comin'

All throughout my life, my mom would ask me each year what I wanted for Christmas. What parent doesn't? As I entered high school, I didn't really WANT anything. I had everything I needed and then some, so I was running out of ideas to tell her. One year, on our annual mother/daughter weekend, I found inspiration.

Kitchen dishes.

Yes, that's right... a sophomore (or junior- I can't remember) in high school wanted kitchen dishes. So, for Christmas that year, I received dishes that I had salivated over in the store. For each Christmas following, I received various household decorations and appliances.

Each Christmas, I would excitedly open my gifts... and then take them straight to the storage room. You see, I have been saving these items for my first real house. When I moved to college, I didn't take any of it with me because I wanted it to be special for my first place... with my husband.

Well, the time has come! I have FINALLY been able to use some of the items that I've had for 7+ years. It's been really exciting, and I still find them as pretty now as I did then. Of course, I had to take pictures to blog with. Who wouldn't get excited about something like this?! ; )


The rich golden rod yellow, berry red, and sage green still capture my eye. What a beautiful dish! Mom tried to give these dishes a "test run" for years. I must say, they are well worth the wait!


Mom, of course, found a crockpot to match. How fun is that?

Anyway, I was relieved when we moved in here that the color scheme was not cooler colors (such as blue, gray, or green) in the kitchen. Since it is also a pretty golden-ish color, the dishes compliment the walls nicely. I look forward to hanging some of the wall decorations I have been collecting as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment