31 March 2011

yay, yay, YAY!!!

As most of you know from my facebook status, I passed COMPS!!! Wooo hooo!

It's been a long, long road... but, the news that I passed made everything worth it (almost!)!! COMPS are a scary thought, because everything we've done boils down to 50 multiple choice questions and 4 essays. If we didn't pass, we couldn't graduate.

So, I was VERY relieved to hear "job well done!" YAY!!

What did I do to celebrate? I ordered graduation announcements! I didn't want to jinx myself by purchasing them too soon. I will send them out with pride. This major is TOUGH, and no one can fully understand unless they've been through it as well... unless you've been around someone to see the many tears, hard work, and frustration involved.

With that, I owe many thanks...

Andrew- Thank you for always supporting me. Thank you for being understanding when I was crabby and for encouraging me to keep going when I wanted to give up. Thank you for being my rock, my shoulder to cry on, and my motivator. We are one HUGE step closer to being together. YAY!

Mom, Dad, Steve, and Anna- Thank you for being my own personal cheering section! You are wonderful parents, and you made this possible! Thank you for your many prayers, and thank you for understanding why I couldn't visit home more often.

Tyler, Miranda, Izaak, and Zoe- Thank you for being awesome siblings and supporting me in all that I do. You guys are great!

My Grandparents- Your love, prayer, and support meant more to me than anything!

The Rest of my Family- You guys are AWESOME! Thank you SO much for your prayers and encouragement!

My In-Laws- Thank you for all the prayers! They kept me going.

My Grad School Friends- You know what this is all about! Thank you for being so awesome to be with... WE DID IT!!!

& that's just the tip of the iceberg in all the thanks I owe (especially for putting up with me this semester)!

Now what?! Well, I will take the Praxis on April 30th, and I still need to complete my Capstone Project. That all seems like a piece of cake at the moment, but I am sure it will create a bit of stress as the time gets closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment