24 March 2011

Part Two

As promised, here is another blog about what I will miss about my home here.


My daffodils.


And hyacinth.


And forsythia.

(I know this one sprout looks pitiful- but, this is the first spring in FOUR years that it has bloomed. So, I was very excited!)


Hyacinth again.


And jonquils.


And purple hyacinth.


And spider grass.

Most of these flowers were "borrowed" from the lot across the street. My neighbor, Ms. Smithwick, passed away a couple of years ago. She and I made fast friends- which was a huge accomplishment. You see, she hated the neighbors directly across from me so much that they couldn't even go on their back porch (which faced her house) without her calling the cops on them. She was pretty much a known terror, but I loved her. She loved me as well.

Each spring, I would enjoy her flowers from across the street. When she passed away, the lot became empty. No one cared for her spring flowers, but I made sure to water them so I could enjoy them. Andrew decided that I needed them. So, we transplanted them. I now enjoy them in my yard.

Andrew said that we could take them with us to New York. I am afraid they won't make the trip, so I am adding them to my list of things that I will miss. If they bloom again next year, I will eat my words. You can expect another post about these flowers if that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment