13 December 2010

Balsamic and Pecan Chicken

For my birthday, Andrew got me the most amazing balsamic vinegar as many of you already know. He made me promise that I would cook with it- not just drink it (ha!).


 So, I've been very excited to make a recipe that came with the chicken, but of course, I tweaked it just a bit. We also watched Ratatouille last night which always inspires me to try something new in the kitchen.


I started out with four very plump chicken breasts. I somehow got them to fit in a 9x9 baking dish.

I then covered them with light olive oil and rosemary.

I then drizzled balsamic vinegar over the top of the chicken- I did not skimp on this step.

Lastly, I sprinkled each chicken breast with garlic & rosemary seasoning. I am sure you can find something similar in stores. We used a dipping spice from the Oilerie Company- the company we purchased the balsamic vinegar from.


I then baked at 350 for 30 minutes.


I removed the chicken after 30 minutes and topped each breast with freshly chopped pecans. By fresh, I mean we got them from our neighbor's tree this fall, and Andrew chopped them right before cooking. Store bought pecans are just fine!


Bake for 20 minutes at 350.

Remove and spoon oil and vinegar mix over the top to keep chicken moist.

Bake for 10 additional minutes.


After an hour of total baking time, remove and serve.

I paired this chicken with fresh greenbeans and garlic and rosemary mashed potatoes- which I will blog about tomorrow!

Andrew LOVED this recipe... and told me that it's the best meal he's had in a long time- which he assured me is a HUGE compliment because I'm a "dang good cook." He also compared it to a very nice restaurant he ate at in New York and said that it definitely competes with that meal.

So- how do you get a gourmet meal that's easy on the wallet and a breeze to make?

Follow this recipe! It took no time to make!

Ingredients:

Four chicken breasts
Olive Oil (about 3/4 cup)
Rosemary (sprinkled in with olive oil)
Garlic and Rosemary Seasoning- or preferred cooking spice (to top chicken breast with)
Balsamic Vinegar
Pecans

Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Remove, top with pecans. Bake for 30 more minutes.

Serve.

Bon appetit!


3 comments:

  1. That look SO GOOD! I'm going to add it to our dinner list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather- It's one of my better meals! I can't believe how EASY it was. It seriously took only two minutes to get the chicken ready and in the oven- and then it pretty much cooks itself! I hope you try it soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Will try it soon. Hope your moving goes well but of course we will miss you and Andrew.

    ReplyDelete