02 December 2010

Home Sweet Home

I rarely blog twice in one day, but I've been itching to share this news for several days now. So, here's goes!

Andrew and I will be moving to New York!!

Not New York City either... This is what we will be blessed with once we're there:



Oh yes, it's gorgeous!

Let's backtrack...

About a month ago, I blogged about how pitiful I was feeling. In that same blog, I promised to gain a better outlook on everything- and to trust in the Lord more. Let me share a bit...

Andrew graduates in just a few short weeks from Missouri S&T as a mining engineer. With the job market as it is, we were nervous about what the future might hold. We said a lot of prayers- and we asked for God's will to be done... no matter what. Meaning, if we had to spend even more time apart while I finish school, we would accept it.

Andrew was offered two second interviews... one with Cargill in Lansing, New York and one with another company in Missouri. I, of course, was cheering for the Missouri job... at first. Andrew had the New York interview first. We continued to pray diligently.

As the first interview grew nearer, instead of feeling a sense of severe anxiety, we both felt complete calmness- the kind that only comes from the Lord.

Once in New York, there was no doubt that this was God's will for our future. Andrew felt right at home, and he loved the mine and his future fellow employees. We decided late one night, over the phone, that if he was offered the job we would accept.

Talk about laying down my pride.

We were adamant that we didn't want to move to the east coast- we wanted to move west. We also never thought we'd end up in New York- and now we are extremely excited to get there.

Today, Andrew accepted a job offer as a full-time mining engineer with Cargill!

It truly is amazing what God will do with our lives when we are willing to let Him take control. I know that it will be hard to spend four more months apart, but really, it isn't much at all in the large scheme of things. We've spend most of our first year of marriage apart, but we are stronger than ever.

We have learned so much trust, patience, and love living apart. God has a purpose for this extended time apart- and we are totally willing to let Him be in charge.

So, in short- I am incredibly proud of my husband and his amazing accomplishments, and I look forward to living in New York!


5 comments:

  1. This is so exciting to read!! And wow are those pictures gorgeous! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling. Yeah for him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramona- Thank you! I can't wait to see it in person.

    Jen- We did too, but we didn't want to jump the gun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome Abby! I've always wanted to live in New York, me and the girls might have to come visit one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think so too, Heather!! We will be on opposite sides of the US now... crazy! Please come visit!

    ReplyDelete