07 December 2010

Day Three: Five Songs You Would Have with You on a Desert Island and Why:


You know, this may not be such a bad thing!


My song list:

1. Here in this Moment by Beckah Shae

- No matter what mood I'm in, this song gets me pumped up. I love the beat, the words, and the overall song. This song would brighten my days and remind me that each moment I spend alone, I spend with God. No matter what, I would not be alone. So, this would be my go-to song when I needed lifted up and encouraged.

2. Lead Me by Sanctus Real

- I would choose this song because it reminds me of Andrew. He had me listen to this song over the summer, and ever since then, it's kind of served as a testimony to how Andrew lives his life. I would listen to this song when I needed to be reminded of my husband and his love.

3. Country Roads by John Denver

- When I was a child, my dad always sang me to sleep with this song. Every time I hear it, I'm taken back in time to the days when my parents were getting a divorce. This song always comforted me- and always made me feel like everything was ok. I would pick this song to remind me of the strong love my family has.

4. Better than a Hallelujah by Amy Grant

- This song always reminds me that no matter what is going on in my life, God wants to know about it. He cares about my accomplishments, my emotions, and the bad things that happen to me. He wants all of my heart. I would pick this song to remind me that God wants me to turn to Him with everything.

5. Come Away with Me by Norah Jones

- This song can always calm me down. If I am ever feeling apprehensive, I play Norah Jones. Her soothing voice takes all of my cares away. I would also use this song to help me drown out my worries at night so I could sleep.

I chose songs that build me up, calm me down, and remind me of all the people who love me. Music plays such a big role in people's emotions, so I picked songs that bring out the best emotions in me.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it though i know when im upset a good song will calm me or when im in church and a hymn that my grandmother always used to humm i will think of those times good choices girl
    !

    ReplyDelete