04 May 2011

Basic Baked Barbeque

Chicken, that is. The "c" didn't go with my alliteration.

I made up my own chicken dish tonight. I really enjoy barbeque chicken, but I'm not a fan of grilled chicken. I think it gets to be too dry, and I don't like the charred taste it gets. I also like to bake my food- it's healthier that way.

So... here's how I did it!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup barbeque sauce (I used Maull's and Bull's Eye)
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
Sprinkle of garlic salt

2-4 chicken breasts

Preparation:


Boil chicken breasts to ensure a moist and juicy meal.

When cooked throughout, remove and place in greased baking dish.


Top with barbeque mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes so the chicken isn't toooooooo moist (a.k.a. bad for my sensory texture issues). I know this is a contradiction of early, but trust me, this makes the chicken the perfect texture.


Remove & serve with a tasty, healthy veggie.

I made my baked brussel sprouts that I posted about months ago. It was a truly tasty meal. I will be making it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment