23 May 2011

Packing, Visiting, Moving

Things have been busy, busy, busy. I promise to be better at blogging in the days to come. I do have a pretty good excuse as I have just moved across the country, and I don't have my computer just yet. Our items will be delivered tomorrow. Things will be much better after that!

Until then, here's a look into the last week... which has felt like an eternity.


Theodore had minor freak-out moments during packing. He found comfort in me, which made me feel really good. He would stop everything he was doing (i.e. running around like a madman) and curl up by me. It was too sweet.


My family did an amazing job with packing. We couldn't have done it without them. They were stellar, and we appreciate all of their hard work. Now, if only they were here to help unpack! I know my mom is thinking the same thing- they will soon be moving as well. Unfortunately, they won't have the same help that we did. I am sorry I can't be there to help.


Theodore also found a "safe spot" under packing paper. His whole world was turned upside down. Poor thing.


After we had mostly finished packing, the trailer arrived. My brother-in-law came to Cape to help Andrew pack the trailer. We are also very thankful for his help, and it was SO good to spend time with him.


We spent the following two days visiting family. I was pretty excited to have 4 out of 7 nieces and nephews with me to "see me off". I was shocked that I got a picture with all of them, and I was even more surprised that they were all looking at the camera in this picture. I love it!


On Friday, we left our Missouri home as we headed northeast.


We drugged our cat, and we quickly regretted this decision. Apparently this drug does crazy things to their eyes, and for the longest time, his third eyelid was showing. Add that to his miserable cries and scared behavior, and you have pretty upset cat owners. After the medication wore off, he was much better. He spent the last three hours of the trip wide awake and silent. I feel like he was teaching us a lesson... that he COULD be good without drugs.


Once in his new home, he spent the day exploring. He likes the big doors in the living room.


He has also created a cave in a pile of blankets that we threw on the loveseat. Before Andrew left for Missouri, he covered all of our furniture so it would stay clean while our landlords were working on the couch. We threw all of the blankets on the loveseat to watch a movie. I now don't have the heart to put them away just yet as they are helping the goofball adjust to the new home.


I don't think he needs much more time to adjust though, do you? He looks pretty cozy here!

We are ALL adjusting nicely. It is SO NICE to be with my husband, and I am enjoying setting up house. Like I said, all of our things should arrive tomorrow. Andrew is rounding up the troops as we speak, and I am planning a meal to feed everyone. It will be so nice to have our washer and dryer, kitchen supplies, and everything else here.

That's about all that is new. Oh yeah, I have also decided to tackle painting as my next crafting endeavor. Stay tuned for more in that area!


No comments:

Post a Comment