25 May 2011

Little Details

Our items arrived yesterday, and we sure do have a big job ahead of us! I have had the chance to add little details so far that has made our home a little more "me", and a little more comfortable. These little things have gone a long way in making me feel more at home.


Curtains and tie-backs for our large double doors. Our landlords live right next to us, and this is the view of their backyard. It's not ideal to have curtains over the doors, but we mostly use the back door anyway. It's nice to have privacy, and it's also nice to have the home-y touch of the curtains.


Owl shower curtain and purple rug : ) We still need to hang the towel holders and do a little more work on the shower area, but this spruced it up quite nicely. I heart this shower curtain!


Plants! Andrew got me these shepard's hooks for graduation. We found these plants on sale at Lowes and had 10% off of that. What a steal. I liked the bright blue flowers on the one, and my friend, Jen, has a plant from the same family as the purple and green one. I think of her every time I look at it : )

Material items most certainly aren't the most important aspect of life, but they sure are helping me settle into my new life so far away from family and friends!

By the way, have I mentioned how awesome it is to have Andrew with me at the end of the day?! I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment