09 May 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot!

We are NOT lovers of the heat in this household. When I arrived home yesterday from Mother's Day with Mom, I walked into a house with the air blowing through the vents... as hot as could be. The air conditioner is out.

We made it through the night ok. I was very restless, Theodore drank 1.5 bowls of water.


At one point in the sweltering afternoon, I looked back to see this pitiful face. Doesn't his eyes just tell the whole story??

Luckily, not too long after this, Helen's husband, Harry, came over and put in the window unit Andrew keeps in the shed.


Theodore immediately lined himself up with the airflow from the window unit. He didn't budge for the rest of the day. That is, until it was his 9:00 bedtime. Yes, he puts himself to bed each night!


You know he's saying, "Now that's better!"


"Ahh! This is the life!"

The heating and cooling guy comes tomorrow morning. I am anxious to see what he says... in more ways than one. I am ready to get the air conditioner working again so it's more comfortable packing in here, but I'm also worried about the outcome.

Saying some prayers for sure...


No comments:

Post a Comment