08 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


I made the trip home for Mother's Day today. I had a very good day with my momma!

They took me on a tour of the house that they're hoping to purchase. It's so cute, and it's definitely move-in ready. The current owner has the same taste as my mom- simple, classy, and perfect. I am very excited about this possibility for them!

My step-dad grilled for our dinner tonight. It was so tasty, and I enjoyed the first corn-on-the-cob of the season. YUM!

I hope Mom had as great of a day as I did.


Kristal brought my niece over to visit. It was SO good to see her. Although, we did have a rather tearful time for a bit. She is wise beyond her years and understands the move all too well. I think it would have been easier on me if she would have told me she hated me for moving. Instead, she tearfully nodded her understanding as to why I have to move so far away. Broke my heart to pieces.

You see, I helped "raise" her for the first 4.5 years of her life. Kristal always called me her second half when it came to Lexi. She even let me keep her as an infant. I now realize how much trust Kristal had in me to let an 18 year-old keep a tiny baby overnight.

Lexi and I have always had a special bond that extends beyond that of an aunt and niece. It's a bond that will never go away, but it's also a bond that feels great heartache with separation. I am amazed at Lexi's maturity as we discussed the move.

Tears dried up, hugs were given, and we both know that we will always be close at heart.


I also really enjoyed time with my nephew. He wanted to climb the tree like his sissy, so I gave him a boost. He was so excited and exclaimed, "I up high, I up high!" several times while sitting there. They're adorable kiddos!

I read something that really hit home today on my step-mom's status. She urged everyone to pray for those who are finding Mother's Day hard to celebrate this year. I urge you to do the same. Whether you know someone who lost a child prematurely, lost a mother to soon, or had a miscarriage, say a little prayer for them. It is possible that today was very hard for them to celebrate...

No comments:

Post a Comment