16 May 2011

M.A. CF-SLP

That's me! What does all of that nonsense stand for? Master of Arts, Clinical Fellowship Speech-Language Pathologist. I have to complete a clinical fellowship year before I can sign my name M.A. CCC-SLP. Those coveted C's stand for Certificate of Clinical Competence. Those C's mean that I can assess and treat individuals on my own- without a supervisor. Regardless, I am super excited about my master's degree! Woo hoo! It was a loooooong time comin', but I adore my field of choice. What more could a girl ask for?


Graduation also means that Andrew and I are finally together! YAY for this!!


I had to have a picture in front of the building where I have spent SO much of my time during these last four years. It's crazy to think that I won't be returning here.


That hood was itchy and hot.


The best friends a girl could ever hope for, wish for, or pray for.


My "little" brother graduated with his bachelor degree on Saturday as well. He will begin seminary in the fall. I'm a proud sister!


You can see my sparkly cap in this picture. Jen is on my left, and Andrea is on my right. It looks like we are praying, but I'm really not sure what's going on. Jen is probably starting to tear up at this point, which is when I bolted. No tears yet. Those come soon enough.

I know I've said it a thousand times lately, but the biggest blessing I've received from graduate school is the amazing friends I've made. These years have been so very tough, and we couldn't have made it through without each other to lean on.

It's so hard to believe that I am finished with school. That reality hasn't hit yet, and I'm not sure that it will until I am headed Northeast. It's also wild to think that my time here is almost over. That being said, I need to begin packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment