02 March 2010

invitations: how i loathe you

This weekend I decided to attempt the inevitable. I began addressing the dreaded invitations for the wedding. Not only did I start them, but I also finished. I was quite proud of myself. With a bit of help from my mom, I completed all four lists of addresses (mine and Andrew's, Mom's, Dad's, and Andrew's parents). I was a good sport for the most part... Well, that may not be quite the truth. But, in the end, they are still addressed and ready for the next phases.


Ok, so maybe I wasn't being the best sport about it. This was at the beginning when Mom was helping to figure out etiquette rules for addressing invites. Thought on that: etiquette (in regards to addressing wedding invitations) is for the birds.



Still not being a very good sport. I think I was still stuck on the first invitation (addressed to my Granny Miff and Grandpa Jack), and I was about to call it quits. haha!



I have finally gotten the hang of things. Hence the smile on my face. The smile is also due to the fact that I'm addressing a very special invitation to a very special flower girl. : )



Ok, now the real effort is in place. This is when I decided that I MUST get this finished or else I will be dreading them for an even longer period of time. I finished half of them this night... with some help from my lovely momma!



Working hard, or hardly working? At this point: working hard. I was one determined bride-to-be. Shortly after this picture was taken, I decided to turn in for the night. However, I did finish the rest on Sunday before heading back home to dive into hours and hours of homework.

Oh the joys of juggling the demands of graduate school and planning a wedding.

So, what's next in terms of wedding invitations?

1. I need to get them printed.

2. I need to assemble them.

3. I need to put my return address labels on the envelope flaps and return envelopes.

4. I need to put stamps on both the envelopes and return envelopes.

5. I need to stuff the envelopes.

6. I need to seal the envelopes.

7. I need to hand deliver them to the post office and ask them to hand sort them in order to keep them from being crushed in the machines.

This process is my least favorite part of planning the wedding. I cannot wait until it's over. Everything else has been so enjoyable (for the most part), and I can't wait to do something that I enjoy again!

It's not all that bad, but it is time consuming and stressful. I have enough stress through school. Wedding planning has been my outlet up to this point, and I want it to get back to that.

Spring Break: BRING IT ON!! Invitations: YOU WILL BE DEFEATED!!!

2 comments: