05 March 2010

New Growth

Oh, how I love spring! Everything about it... waking up to chirping birds, sunshine, gorgeous weather, and the Earth coming back to life! For the past couple of weeks, plants have started making their appearance, and just this week my Bradford Pear tree started blooming. Like I said above, I absolutely love this time of year. I finally had time, and felt well enough today, to go out and photograph the miracle of spring.


This is the start of the daffodils that Andrew dug up and replanted for me last year. As the spring progresses into summer, this whole area will be filled with tall grasses and irises. I love this little area.



Here is a larger view of this area. Like I said, in a month or two, this area will be so fun and full of life!



Here is a shot of the buds beginning to form on my Bradford Pear. This tree is so beautiful in the spring! Last year, this tree suffered greatly after a terrible storm ripped through the area. It used to be perfect... the right shape, full, and tall. Now it is missing almost half of its left side. I was sad when I saw the damage that had been done. I am hoping this spring and summer will bring growth to my tree.



And one more angle. Aren't the skies gorgeous today? I looove blue skies, I loooove this weather, and I loooove this time of year!

I hope you are noticing all the many blessings that God sends in the spring. Take time out of your day to see the beauty of this Earth and marvel at the creation our God has put here for us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment