28 March 2010

Scrapped to Perfection

I am a bit delayed in blogging about the shower. I have been a busy bee with homework and finding a home for all of our new shower items! Andrew and I had a busy, busy weekend and there is a lot to show for our efforts! That, however, will be a later blog. Tonight I want to showcase my sister, Miranda.


Miranda is my best friend, my maid of honor, and my younger sister. Obviously, little sister is NOT appropriate! She is a beautiful young lady... inside and out. She's the one I can always count on, and she has such a special place in my heart. We share a bond that is greater than any distance that we face. Though we live apart and are too busy to talk frequently, our love for each other is so deep and strong.

Miranda not only orchestrated an absolutely perfect bridal shower for me, but she put so much time and effort into one of the most meaningful gifts I could ever receive. Miranda created a scrapbook for me. The first half of the scrapbook is filled with memories that she and I have shared together. Our childhood fills up the pages, and I so enjoy looking back at all of the wonderful memories we've created.

However, as I turned one of the pages, this note filled the page:

"Up until now, it's been just you and me. I've been able to put this together with just memories. I had to leave room for the future that you are about to create with the love of your life, Andrew. I've created pages of important events that will happen within your marriage and left room for the pictures. You have to create them. You have to be the one to make the memories. I LOVE YOU."

Following this note are pages left blank for the bridal shower, wedding, our first home, and even our first child. It is such a unique gift, and it is so meaningful because it includes memories with two of my favorite people. I truly love my sister. She is such a neat young lady. I am blessed to have her in my life.



Here I am when I first opened the scrapbook. I was already touched beyond description. For being 15 years-old, she is wise beyond her years.



Telling her how awesome she is! I could not believe that she put this together on her own... she came up with the idea for this scrapbook with NO help from anyone else.



Looking back through all of the memories and good times we've shared was so cool. This is a gift that I will treasure forever.



I have obviously come across the page designated for our first child! I screamed! We're not ready for that yet... We need some time to enjoy our marriage first!! : )


Mom and Miranda were in competition for who would make me cry. I think Miranda was disappointed because I didn't cry; however, I did not look at the page with the note at first. I didn't find that until after the shower. So, they both succeeded in making me cry. Both of their gifts took so much thought and are absolutely amazing!

Check back soon for a blog about Mom's gift!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift! The note even made me cry! lol So sweet of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww that is just tooo sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete