23 March 2010

Sewn with Love

I received so many wonderful gifts at my shower. Everything will be used and used well, but there are a certain few that will stand out in my mind forever. Maw Maw Jan's gift is one of them.

 Jan is Andrew's grandma, and over the past year, she has been working on a magnificent gift for us. In fact, there were many times that Andrew and I paid a surprise visit to her house, and she would have the gift out working on it. She acted funny about it the first time, but the following visits, she didn't even blink an eye. So, I had no idea that she was making this for us. Jan made us a quilt- complete with our names and wedding year. It is so beautiful!


I could not believe it when I opened it! In fact, I looked up to her and exclaimed "I've seen this before!" or something along those lines!



Here is a shot of me looking at our names. How very special! I cannot even begin to imagine the time that went into making this gift! It will be a family heirloom throughout the years.


Another guest captured a different view of the quilt. It is sooo pretty! It's browns, teals, and ivory. It couldn't be more PERFECT, and I cannot believe that anyone can create something so beautiful!

Jan truly outdid herself with this gift. It is so pretty, and it is very special to me. I love gifts that are created out of love, and I enjoy receiving gifts that were made from the heart. This gift more than fulfilled these loves. I feel very blessed to have such a meaningful gift from such a sweet person. Once again, I feel incredibly blessed by the women in my life. I am so happy that I am gaining such a good Maw Maw!

Thank you so much, Maw Maw Jan! We love you, and we love the quilt!

4 comments:

  1. Jen- It IS gorgeous!

    Heather- I LOVE it too!!

    What an amazing gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! What an amazing gift! We still have a quilt that my great-great-grandmother made for my grandma when she got married in 1949. And we still use it. lol

    ReplyDelete