14 March 2010

Wedding Madness!

This weekend has seen the completion of many items on my wedding to-do list. Of the items not completed, they are well on their way to being finished! Andrew and I made a major loop yesterday to visit various places and get things finalized! It feels soooo nice to have things checked off the list, and it will allow for a more enjoyable spring break as the week progresses.


First, Andrew and I stopped at The Vineyard at Riverbend Chapel to meet with our wedding coordinator. While we were there, we made decisions on the order of the ceremony, colors of the linens, and asked some questions about odds and ends. My favorite question asked was from my mom... "Can we replace the picture in the bathroom for the evening?" Ha! Amy laughed when I asked her that... and agreed.



A view of the estate at Riverbend. I love it here. I could spend countless hours here just enjoy the serenity. I cannot wait to get married here!



Andrew and me in the chapel! I cannot wait to say "I do" in 83 days!! It is soooo exciting!



I cannot wait to walk down this aisle to the man of my dreams! It is getting SO close and SO exciting!!! I'm about to burst!

Ok, ok... After I was pried away from Riverbend Chapel, Andrew and I drove to Office Max where I found my new best friend. I don't even know her name, but I love her with every ounce of my heart. I brought in the invitations, RSVP cards, and Fred (my jump drive). She immediately got to work, and in no time flat, I had the most amazing invitations, RSVP cards, and inserts (because she was THAT awesome) ever! The invitation process is what has stressed me the most (Why?! I don't know!), and this lady made the experience so nice! Anyways, I left Office Max a very happy customer and would recommend them to ANYBODY for all of their printing needs!


After Office Max, Andrew and I made a trip to Labadie to eat at Hawthorne Inn. This restaurant is catering our rehearsal dinner (what a fun place to eat while we're finalizing wedding plans!)... and is sooooo good! We enjoyed flash-fried spinach (yum!) and a bacon and onion pizza. It was such a nice lunch!



After lunch, we made a trip to Florissant... home of Wedding Wonderland. Goofy name, but they do a fantastic job! While we were here, we taste-tested cakes, were greeted with the best service ever, and picked out an absolutely gorgeous cake! Not only will the cake taste great, but it will look stunning! This yet ANOTHER business that I would recommend to anyone! Thank goodness for Riverbend, or we would have never know this place existed! Check in after June 5th to see pictures of our awesome cake! ; )

After Wedding Wonderland, we scooted down the road to Cabella's. Andrew had participated so nicely in all of the wedding plans- and never complained once! He had a gift card to spend, and I was more than happy to go with him! He bought a nice new knife, a heavy duty work shirt, and groomsmen gifts while we were there! I also finished up the bridesmaids gifts... although, I'm happy to say that they did not come from Cabella's. Not that it's a bad thing, my bridesmaids just wouldn't appreciate that!

With this, the day pretty much ended... we did a few more odds and ends things, but nothing to really blog about... Until I got home for the evening.

Once I made it to Sullivan, Mom and I got to work on the invitations and quickly figured out that we would need more glue dots... So, off to Wal-Mart we went!

While there, we made a couple more purchases for the wedding, and I finished up the rest of the shopping for the girls in the wedding! It is such a good feeling to know that that part is over with! Once I got home, I finished what I was doing for the invitations, and then I put my tired butt in bed.

Today (Sunday) was a super fun, and productive, day! I found out as soon as I woke up that my niece and nephew were coming to visit! I was so incredibly excited! So, I showered and then waited!

When they got here, my niece... who is also my flower girl... asked if she could help Mom, Miranda, and me with the invitations. I gladly accepted her offer!



She was helping me separate the inserts. : )



What a great flower girl! She was such a big help! I was wishing at this point that I had the stamps for the envelopes... We really could have accomplished a lot!



Mom and the Maid of Honor are hard at work on assembling the invitations! They are gorgeous and EXACTLY what I wanted!



Me and the best MOH ever! I love my sister!!!



My cute little nephew made life better just by being here! It was so good to be able to pick him up and give him a hug when I was growing tired of invitations!

So, overall it was a pretty fantastic weekend. Andrew and I had the perfect time completing wedding plans. We truly had so much fun, and it will be a day that I remember for a long time. Also, it was so nice to have the help of my mom, sister, and niece this weekend! Everything is looking so nice, and I can FINALLY see light at the end of the tunnel! My stress level has decreased immensely, and I know that this break will see a lot more accomplished!

Plans for tomorrow: Visit grandparents!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Lexi has gotten so big!!!!!! I just can't get over it!

    Your Mom is just too awesome. She just seems like she can be such a lifesaver and super fun to be with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is soooo big now. It's crazy!!!

    My mom is awesome... She's been such a great help!!

    ReplyDelete