09 July 2010

Garden Goodness

This weekend, after surprising our families with a visit, my mom sent us home with three large zucchini from a family friend's garden. George always grows awesome veggies, and I was so happy to take these gems home with us.

It didn't take me long to decide what I wanted to make with two of the three zucchini. One of my all-time favorite recipes is stuffed zucchini; however, before I moved, my mom altered the recipe to stuffed zucchini casserole. It is wondeful. Yum!

Stuffed Zucchini Casserole

Ingredients:

2 or 3 large zucchini
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 lb sausage
6 slices of soft bread (tear into crumbs)
1/2 cup Velveeta cheese
2 beaten eggs
Parmesan cheese
Butter
Salt
Pepper

Preparation:

Bring a large pan of water to boil. Wash zucchini, drop into boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove from water and cube.

Brown sausage and onion in skillet, drain. Combine with cubed zucchini, bread crumbs, Velveeta, beaten eggs, salt, and pepper.

Pour into greased casserole pan. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with paremsan cheese.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until done.

Serve and enjoy!!!

Visual:


Recipe book from my mom with family recipes, bread crumbs with cubed Velveeta, and homegrown zucchini.


All ingredients before going in casserole pan.


Before it has baked. Sprinkled with parmesan cheese.


Finished product. Yum!!

This recipe is husband, wife, AND cat approved. Andrew loved it so much that after dinner, he said, "I WILL take this to work tomorrow! It has awesome flavor." That pretty much sums this dish up. This casserole explodes with flavor, and everyone should try this super yummy delicacy at some point!

As you all know, I love homegrown summer produce. I especially love family recipes that utilize these summer miracles!

1 comment: