11 July 2010

Revelation

After recent events, Andrew and I have come to realize that we need to re-evaluate our relationship with each other and with our Lord and Savior. We are VERY happily married, but we have realized that we are not EXACTLY where we should be in our relationship with Christ and each other. Christ is the center of each of our individual lives, but we also need to make him the main focus of our relationship... more so than He already is. We simply need to be even more on fire and more in love with our God. Many moments over the last few weeks have led to this realization. Today this revelation was put into motion.


In order to begin our new mission in life, we needed the correct tool. God's Word was the only answer. Andrew and I purchased our first Bible together- one that we both love and feel comfortable studying. It's the right fit for our lives.

It is a pretty incredible Bible.

Andrew took it away to write a dedication in it.


I opened it up to read:

PRESENTED TO:

My wife, Abby

on this 11th day of July 2010

From

Andrew

on the occassion of

Our renewed vow to our Savior and Lord


After reading this beautiful inscription, I flipped the Bible open. My eyes fell on the following verses:

Psalm 86

1 Hear; O Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God; save your servant
who trusts in you.
3 Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for I call to you all day long.
4 Bring joy to your servant
for to you, O Lord,
I lift up my soul.

Needless to say, I was astounded. How amazing is it that God showed me this verse on this day? I couldn't wait to share it with Andrew. We both find it incredible that God brought us to the verse we needed to hear the most.

We will treasure this verse always. It was a direct answer to prayer, and it's just what our hearts needed to hear.

I am so thankful that God has brought such a loving, Christian man into my life. Though we may fail at times, our love for each other and our deep love for Christ will withstand anything. We are only a month into our marriage, and I can already tell that we are going to lead an incredible life if we keep God at the core.

Our Savior is incredible... amazing... life changing. How blessed are we to know Him!

2 comments:

  1. Amen my love!

    Isn't it wonderful to have God's love? He has truly blessed us and I know He will continue to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome... What type of bible is it that has all of those colored blocks in it? I know I've seen one similar to it somewhere. Just curious. :o) You know I love bibles.

    ReplyDelete