19 July 2010

Marching With Elephants

"What?!"

More than likely, that is what you are thinking by this point. That is, unless you're my husband. Then you would know exactly what I am talking about.

For those of you who aren't lucky enough to be Andrew (ha, ha!), let me explain.

Colonel Hathi's March

Hup two three four
Keep it up two three four
Hup two three four
Keep it up two three four
Company sound off!

Ho, the aim of our patrol
Is a question rather droll
For to march and drill
Over field and hill
Is a military goal!
Is a military goal!


Hup two three four
Dress it up two three four
Hup two three four
Dress it up two three four


By the ranks or single file
Over every jungle mile
Oh we stamp and crush
Through the underbrush
In a military style!
In a military style!


Hup two three four
Keep it up two three four


... Do you recognize this song?

If not, let me refresh your memory...


Yes, that's right. It's the elephant marching song from the Jungle Book. Why, you may be wondering, would I blog about something like this?

Because I dreamed I was marching with the elephants the other night. Yes, that's right, I was marching with the Jungle Book elephants.

Everytime Colonel Hathi would yell "Company, halt!!" and the elephants would assume this position...


I would clap my hands together and point them forward like the trunks on the elephants.

Let me tell you, this dream was absolutely HILARIOUS.

What's even funnier? I woke up singing this song outloud... and Andrew was wondering why in the world I would wake up singing this song. I had to explain my dream to him.

He found it funny as well.

It was by far the best dream I've EVER had, and since Saturday morning, I've wished that I could dream this amazing dream again.

Marching with elephants sure is fun. I am hoping to participate again soon.

HA!

4 comments:

  1. I love this movie and when i read the first line got me singing the song its one of the few vhs i have because it was one of the few movies my grandma ever gave me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'll have that song stuck in my head. What a cute dream! Far better than the nightmare I had about you last week. Happy dreams to you again tonight, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The funny part is that when she woke up singing it, I proceded to finish the song...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about this off & on since you told me on Sunday. I get tickled thinking about you making a trunk! Gotta love that movie!

    ReplyDelete