02 July 2010

Summer Produce

The only thing better than fresh, homegrown summer produce is FREE fresh, homegrown summer produce. As mentioned previously, I looooove summer fruits and veggies. I mostly love the summer veggies, but since tomatoes are technically a fruit, I won't claim that veggies are my favorite.

Yesterday, Andrew's Nana showed up at my front door with her arms loaded down.


She brought us five ears of homegrown sweet corn. She's kept us supplied on this tasty summer treat. I can't wait to grill some this weekend!! Well, I can't wait for Andrew to grill some this weekend. YUM!

Most importantly...


She brought the most tasty, plump, red tomatoes! I can eat these just like you would an apple. And I have. Two are now missing from this bowl. My taste buds are thanking Nana for this juicy surprise!

Nana has been so good to us. She brought a hot home-cooked meal to the house this week as well. We're very thankful to have such a sweet lady living so close!

1 comment:

  1. omg I could eat tomatoes like apples too! They are soooo yummy, especially fresh from the garden ones.

    ReplyDelete