14 April 2011

Busted!

Remember last night's blog?



I thought that removing the nest would deter the loverbirds from living in my hanging plant. I thought wrong. When I arrived home from clinic this morning, I caught one nestled into the plant. I snapped a picture with my phone. It didn't turn out to well, but I was glad I had proof.

Then, while I was working on homework, I heard Theodore going crazy. I looked up to see what had gotten him so worked up. This is what I saw...


Yep, right there in broad daylight... the culprit. Sadly, when I tried to open the door to take a better picture, she flew away.



Before too much longer, Theodore was causing a ruckus again. I looked out, and this time, the loverbirds were together... eyeballing their home. Once again, after the picture was taken, they flew away.


Then, about 10 minutes later, the commotion began again.




Hilarious, right?




Both of them. Caught.


There is no denying the fact that I have two turtle doves living in my plant.


You know what? This makes me laugh really, really hard. Sure, they are killing my plant on that side, but these things are so persistent. How can I tell them no now?


People pay big bucks for fake flower arrangements with birds in them. I literally have the real thing.


So, each time I look outside, they're back. Right now, they're both nestled in... and Theodore is freaking out. It's pretty amusing.




I just wish that they weren't so skittish... this is what I get every time I try to take a better picture.


So, I am now embracing the turtle doves. Do you think they will accompany me to New York?


No comments:

Post a Comment