27 April 2011

Oops...

"Well I'll never forget the first time that I heard
That pretty mouth say that dirty word
And I can't even remember now what she backed my truck into
But she covered her mouth and her face got red
And she just looked so darn cute
That I couldn't even act like I was mad
Yeah I live for little moments like that"

You guessed it... I backed into something. The carport pole to be exact.

The weather was fine one minute, and the next we had sideways rain, wind, and tornado sirens going off. It happened that quickly.

I am normally not scared of storms, and I usually have to be coaxed into going to Helen's house up the street. This time, I went willingly.

I had pulled closer to the passenger side poles today in order for my friend to have more room to walk through to the sidewalk.

I was also in a hurry because I had 10-15 minutes to get to safety.





I was able to piece the outer shell back together. I gave myself a minor cut in the process. I used a little duct tape to hold it until Andrew gets here on Friday. Ugh.

If you were to guess that I am in tears right now, you would be correct. I have be SO stressed with everything... school, moving, storms EVERY.SINGLE.DAY, living apart from Andrew, etc. This just added fuel to the fire, and I hit my breaking point.

I am normally a very attentive driver, and I chalk this one up to being so scared. I just wish I had done it to my car.

The good news? I'm safe... and our house is intact.

P.S. I didn't say a single bad word... promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment