07 April 2011

Nesting

Something is nesting on my front porch. At first, the activity wasn't very suspicious, but now it's blatantly obvious. Check out what's been happening behind my back lately...


First of all, don't mind the dirty house. It's going to get scrubbed soon. This was the first sign of activity, however, I thought that the wind is what cause the grass and twigs to get caught in the spider webs. This happened after the big storm we had this week.


The past two days have brought even more strangeness. First of all, notice the zip ties? Those were in a bucket beside the porch. Now, they are strung all across the porch in front of the door. I did not do this. Notice the other nesting type material? Again, I did not do this.


The tip off? The start of a nest in the back corner of my porch.


Here are just some more materials that have been gathered. It's quite and interesting conglomeration. I have a little bit of carpet backing, some wool looking stuff, zip ties, twigs, grass, and I'm sure others items as well.

This morning, as I was walking out my front door, I noticed a bird flying away with two zip ties in its mouth? The culprit? Possibly...

Anyway, I can't bring myself to clean it off. Sure, it looks a little trashy, BUT I kind of what to see what is going to be created! Stay tuned, if it turns out to be cool, I will post again : )


2 comments:

  1. LOL, I can't wait to see what little creatures you have. I'm hoping its raccoons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!!

    I don't think I want raccoons. I already had a possum take up residence under my car this year. That's enough large, furry creatures for me!!

    ReplyDelete