10 April 2011

Kentucky Weekend

Andrew and I met in Kentucky this weekend. We had so much fun together. We didn't do a whole lot of exploring, but we really enjoyed just spending time together.


Andrew typed up "Abby Friendly" directions before I left. He's pretty sweet like that! I love how they start out with, "Don't be nervous..." because he knew that I was a little (ok, a lot) worried about driving that distance on my own. My sense of direction is not that great. I'm proud to say that I made it safely... and without problems.



On Saturday, we went to the mall for a little bit. I will blog more about this experience tomorrow (or sometime this week). I am pretty excited about what we found while we were there. After the mall, we had a lunch date at Red Lobster. When we finished lunch, it started to pour, so we decided to go to Wal-Mart to purchase Tangled (and rent some other movies), and then we headed back to the hotel to cuddle up together and spend the rainy afternoon watching movies.


Since I had planned on warmer weather, I only brought shorts and a t-shirt to lounge in. When it's cool and rainy outside, I think I get chilled right down to my bones. Anyway, Andrew wrapped me up like a cacoon while he fixed dinner. I was toasty warm in no time.


Andrew made a pretty awesome italian chicken dish for our dinner. We really enjoy staying at the Homewood Suites because we can cook our own meals at them. I am especially thankful to have a husband who can cook!


The only problem this weekend? The hotel staff here didn't leave ducks like the one in Ithaca. So, Andrew made one for me each day! Again, he's pretty sweet like that!


Before we left this morning, we listened to the podcast of the sermon that I posted last weekend. It was so nice to hear God's message while with Andrew. I really look forward to when I can sit next to him in church every Sunday, and we can spend our time growing together through God's word.


It's not too much longer now : ) We have two weekends apart, one together, another weekend apart, and then it's graduation. It is such a shorter amount of time now, but it's still hard to think about the time that we'll still have apart.


Anyway, it was a fantastic weekend (just much too short!)... my batteries have been recharged. Once again, I'm thanking God for giving me such an amazing husband who makes my world complete when we're together.



No comments:

Post a Comment