12 April 2011

One Dolla, One Dolla!

Soo... I mentioned that we came across a very exciting find at the mall the other day. We were waltzing along, and I was being a little pitiful about not getting a cheaply made, but adorable old lady purse when  Andrew spotted a store. He suggested that we go in it... I reluctantly agreed because of my pitiful state. The store was called Glitter.

We walked in, a sales associate asked if we would like a basket, I declined. I ventured over to the shiny necklaces that caught my attention. I started oohing and ahhing over them... and then I noticed a sign.

All accessories $1. My first reaction was "no way!" followed by "are they serious?!" and then repeated those for the next several minutes. Sure enough, it was the real deal. Andrew immediately searched out a basket in preparation for what was to come.

Andrew put me on a budget- smart man. He also suggested that I look at the big, gaudy rings for a project that I've been working towards for the past two years. I did just that. Here's what we left with...


Four necklace AND earrings sets. Yes, each necklace came with a matching earring set. This was such a hard decision to make.


11 bling-bling rings. I am very, very excited about this find. Andrew surprises me with what he pays attention to, especially when it comes to my crazy crafting ideas. I've been collecting brooches for this project for a while now, and when he saw these rings, he knew that they would work just as well... and they were an absolute steal! He's pretty cute : )


I also got this earring set for graduation. I really like the colors in this set. Luckily, I have a necklace at home that matches these earrings perfectly. What an inexpensive way to accessorize for graduation!

What a fun, fun store. I could have spent the entire afternoon in there. Good thing I was on a budget... and good thing I have a husband who didn't mind waiting on me while I bounced back and forth between jewelry sets.


1 comment:

  1. Your husband is such a good shopper! My boy gets wayyy to impatient with me....it's best if he drops me off at the store I wish to visit and then goes and seeks out a video game store or something.

    Looooove the rings and can't wait to see this new crafty project!

    ReplyDelete