26 April 2011

Fragrant Cheerfulness

Every year for the past 24 years, I have received an Easter basket filled with goodies. Since I am finally graduating, moving in with my husband, and all that good stuff, Mom decided it was time for me to be a grown-up. This year I got a big girl Easter treat.

I must say, I like this much, much better!!


Pretty lilies- my favorite. Even better... Mom made this bouquet!


Mom made this cross out of a palm frond. I'm supposed to press it and keep it forever. How cool!


I was trimming the ends yesterday and refilling the water when I saw this. The leaf/petal is doing something pretty funky!


Beautiful, huh?

If I had it my way, I'd have a fresh bouquet every week. Some people believe that flowers are a waste of money, but I adore them! I would much rather receive flowers than get chocolate covered strawberries... or a pedicure... or anything else along those lines. To each her own, but this is my thing!

So, good tradition, Mom! You can keep this one up ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment