11 April 2011

It's a Nest!

So, after my post the other day, I discovered something very sad... a storm blew away all of the nesting items on my porch. I then left for Kentucky for the weekend, and when I came back yesterday, there was still nothing on my porch. I thought my chances of seeing something cool were gone. Then, I got home from extern and school today, and I was met with a nest! Yes, this awesome nest was built in a day.


I am pretty excited to have something to cover this horribly ugly light up. Like the streamers? Look closely- there are shoe strings hanging down.


Close-up of the nest. See if you spot these items... zip ties, duct tape, carpet backing, shoe strings, live grass, and twigs (duh).


I am excited to see if eggs will be in here soon. I had to use the camera to see inside the nest. Nothing yet, but I'll keep checking!

This bird is pretty creative. Actually, there are two birds working on this nest. As far as I can tell, they are robins. I came eye to eye with one of them... I feared for the safety of my eyeball at this encounter. Why they chose the light RIGHT next to my door I'll never know... I would think I would like more privacy than that. Oh well, I believe we can co-exist.

Since these pictures were take two hours ago, a muddy layer has been added to the top. Interesting.

God's creations amaze me... what a fun way to pass time!


1 comment: