13 April 2011

It's absolute craziness when...





... I can buy THIS many potatoes and onions at Aldi's for the price of a few potatoes and two onions at Wal-Mart or Schnucks.


Do I need this many? Not really, but I was already at Aldi's and they don't sell individual produce items. They were such a good buy that I didn't feel like driving across town for a more expensive option. So... guess who is going to be making a LOT of potato dishes throughout the next week? Yep, that's me. Luckily, I'm going to be able to share some with a friend from school. That makes the purchase even better.

I just think it's a bit outrageous that larger chain stores can charge so much more for less quantity. If quality was jeapordized, I would understand, but I swear food at Aldi's is just the same, if not better, than name brand items.


I also find it funny that Andrew is now on board with Aldi's. He's probably more conscious of his shopping than I am now. In fact, he even challenged one of his friends in New York to shop there. His friend didn't believe that his grocery bill could be cut by so much. So, he went shopping, purchased everything he would need for about a month, and left with only $70 out of pocket. He's now a believer as well.


So... I challenge you to do the same! See if it makes as big of a difference in your monthly shopping bills.... GO!



1 comment:

  1. I would kill for an Aldi's down here but they just dont have one my grandparents always shopped at Aldi's thats the food we ate and i turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete