20 September 2010

The "Big Daddy" of Wreaths

... that is what Andrew called my latest wreath. It's pretty accurate.

My in-laws came down on Friday to join Andrew and me for Andrew's birthday dinner at a local cajun restaurant. The night before, my mother-in-law, mentioned that she needed a new wreath. I readily jumped on the chance to make another wreath, and I'm so glad that I did.

She wanted to go with an Italian theme, and we set out for Hobby Lobby. Andrew made sure to tell us that we needed to hurry so we could get to dinner quicker. I assured him that there is ALWAYS time for Hobby Lobby and wreath making. That seemed to calm him a bit- ha!

Anyway... she told me not to hurry to get it done, but I couldn't wait! As they were pulling out of the driveway, I was pulling out my hot glue gun.

For the first time, I had company during my wreath making. Andrew snapped a couple of pictures of the process. He pointed out that he knew why I loved to make them... I get to destroy the flower "arrangements" before creating something new. I think he was suggesting it's a bit of a control thing. ; ) Who knows.



That artichoke required a lot of glue! This is when he decided that I needed the new super-de-duper hot glue gun that I referred to in my last blog.


Finding the perfect placement.


And hold. I later had to get out the gorilla glue for the heavier items. This was some intense wreath making!


Breathe, Abby, breathe!!! No, not getting stressed out, just feeling like I've completed a marathon! This puppy took two hours from start to finish.


It even required a cheesecake run. Oh, how I love cheesecake!! I sure do have a good husband!


It's finished!


The bottom is packed with two large artichokes, a clove of garlic, two clusters of grapes, a rose bud, sunflowers, and lots of leaves and fillers.


A closer view... beautiful!


The top. I love it!


I just had to get a picture taken with my pride and joy! I am so glad that this wreath is going to a good home... and a home where I'll get to see it again! Like my mom's wreath, this one was also hard to part with!

This week brought about a lot of creativity... I created two of my favorite wreaths of all times. I'm home sick today, and I plan to go from the couch to my creative space. I already have a request to make flower clips for a precious baby girl, and I cannot wait to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment