12 September 2010

Outdoor Activities

Over the course of the summer, Andrew and I have made it a point to live healthier. As many of you know, we watch what we eat, we limit how often we eat out, and we attempt to particpate in physical activities. Andrew is much better about working out than I am, but I do try to get out and about often enough.

Our outdoor fun lately has been particularly nice!

Labor Day...




On Labor Day, Andrew and I enjoyed a hike on one of the trails at a local state park. The weather was nice, and the trail was easy enough to enjoy, but challenging enough to make us feel like we had a good workout.




After our hike, we had a picnic lunch at the park. The area overlooked the lake, and the cool breeze blowing up from the water was a nice refresher after our hike. I'll admit, I needed the rest!

We had a great day enjoying God's beautiful creations, and we are so thankful that we are physically able to go on hikes such as these!

This weekend...



... saw the purchase of bikes AND beautiful biking weather!

We received unexpected funding (God is SO good!!), and with our budget figured out well into spring and our savings account where we wanted it to be, we decided that we could afford to purchase Andrew a bike. Andrew decided to be tricky, and he talked me into go to the bike store with him.

I saw THE bike. We had Wal-Mart bikes previously, and we both despised riding them. It was more frustrating to ride them then it was worth, and we simply never rode them. These bikes are high quality, and the guy we worked with at the store gave us an awesome deal on them. He reduced the price significantly, and we truly left with our money's worth.

We took them out for a spin last night and relished in the cool night air. After an incredible church service this morning, we went on a 12 mile bike ride on the trail through town. It was absolutely beautiful... and the weather was amazing.

The purchase was big, but with our lifestyle, it was well worth every penny spent. We've already enjoyed them so much, and we're getting ready to take them out for another ride now!

So... until next time!!!

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!! Now, you just need a handlebar basket and a bonnet, and you'll be SET! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!

    I told Andrew that I needed a basket filled with flowers and homebaked goodies to hand out! He said that I'm a little too young for that...

    In 40 years, look for me with the above description!

    We're so happy with our purchase, and we are SO thankful that God blessed us with the funds to purchase these bikes... We couldn't have done so without Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no such thing as too young to ride a bike with class! ;-) By the way, I LOVE your acorn photo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mom!

    I have a whole series, but I only chose one to post!! They were so fun to photograph... I only wish that I had an ounce of talent that you possess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're full of talent, my dear! These blogs prove that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, thanks Mom!!! : )

    I just ramble, but it's good for my heart, so that's good enough for me! I'm glad others enjoy them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, Diana you crack me up. Yes she's too young for a basket. They are awesome bikes though! We really like them.

    Love, I work out more because I need it more! Fact! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete