02 September 2010

Meet Miss Lady

Almost two months ago, I blogged about our fish friends. We were very happy to have new life around the house. At first, as you may remember, we had a little trouble with Rocket, our horribly behaved catfish. We ended up replacing him with four other fish friends.


Meet Sunny the Dwarf Gourami. Sunny was one of the replacement fish. We thought that he was a beautiful fish with his shiny orange and teal scales. Time; however, would prove otherwise. Over the past two months, all of our fish friends went belly-up. All but Sunny that is...


... and Brutus, my Beta that I've had for over a year now. When I first noticed our fish friends dying, I was scared that something was wrong with the water, so I removed Brutus from the situation. I put him back into his original container so he would stay safe.


I'm getting off-topic. Back to Sunny.

After he was the last man standing, I decided he was the culprit. After I watch him nibble... and demolish... all the fish friends that went belly-up, I decided that he was not very nice. After he killed and ate Fat Belly (my favorite), I just knew he had to go. I couldn't forgive him for that behavior.

Luckily, my adorable niece and nephew were in the market for a new fish. Since they are a bit crazy at times, they needed a fish that had some spunk. I knew Sunny was the right fish for them. After their mom said yes, I sent Sunny packing the next day.

As we were preparing for Sunny to leave our home, we began researching goldfish. We decided that we were going to only put one fish into our tank, and we were going to really watch out for its health.

Enter:


Miss Lady.

I have never seen a more gorgeous fish in all my life. I really wish that a fish would hold still long enough to be photographed. She truly is breathtaking- there is something about her markings that made me stop in my tracks at the pet store. I knew that I had to have her.

Andrew suggested that we leave for the night and research goldfish a little bit more. I was so sad- and I was afraid that someone else would fall in love with her before I could make her my pet. I even had a name for her. Bad, I know.



The next day, he knew that I still really wanted her. So, we made a trip back to the pet store. We talked and talked and talked about what fish to get. Finally, an employee kind of pushed us to make a decision. We asked how much this particular fish would cost... he told us... and it was much cheaper than we were anticipating.

Needless to say, she came home with me that night. I was going to name her Emilia, but Andrew said, "Well, I'm just going to call her Pretty Lady." I took one look at her and knew he was on to something.


I really enjoy having her... she is much more peaceful than having Sunny around. Theodore feels a bit differently though. He's pretty jealous of her, and he lets Andrew and I know how he feels when we're admiring her and not giving him enough attention. In fact, he's moped around all week... I'm sure he'll come around soon. I tell him often he's my favorite! Speaking of which, he's begging for attention now!

Until next time, my friends! : )


1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, Abby that fish is GORGEOUS! What a pretty Lady indeed! :]

    ReplyDelete