29 September 2010

Cheesy Potato Bake

As I sat in my craniofacial anomalies class on Monday, I started daydreaming about food. Dinner to be more specific. To be absolutely precise, potatoes were on my mind.

Once I selected the food group that I was craving, I began thinking up recipes that I could use. I wanted to make potato soup... but, I don't have a recipe for it. I need to talk to Mom about that one. I also didn't have time for it to simmer properly. So, that was out.

Finally, I came up with an experiment...

So- here is my concoction:


You will need five or so medium red potatoes.


In a lightly sprayed 9x9 baking dish, layer the cubed potatoes. Drizzle well with extra light olive oil. Toss potatoes to ensure that the olive oil is distributed well.


Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper... to taste, of course.


Layer with bacon crumbles. Yes, I know this isn't the healthiest dish.


Sprinkle with lowfat cheddar cheese.


Cover and bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes. If desired, remove at 40 minutes, uncover, add a little more cheese, and bake for 3-5 more minutes.


After baking, remove from oven... smell the appetizing aroma... and dig in!


Top with lowfat sour cream (if desired) and parsely flakes (for added appeal).

This dish is very easy- and was surprisingly good. I love when my experiments turn out well, and I also love when they are super easy. This dish yielded 4 servings, which is nice for me. I was able to package it up and take it to my externship- I really love how it re-heats so well!

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment