23 September 2010

Fast forward four years...

... and you'll meet a couple who is even more in love than they were the first day they met.


Andrew and I talked for over a month before we decided that we wanted to be something more than just best friends. After attending a bonfire at Andrew's (on the nastiest day ever!) and him spending the day at my dad's, it happened.

On September 24th, 2006 we had a conversation that went something like this...

Andrew: "So, uh, is it, um, too early for me, um, to call you my, uh, girlfriend?"

Abby: Silence

Andrew: Are you there?

Abby: I'll let you know soon. (Hey! I couldn't look too eager!)

Andrew: Um, ok...

20 minutes later...

Abby: "I don't think it's too early at all!"

... and the rest is history.

Andrew's birthday is September 25th, and he told me that night that I'm the best birthday present he's ever gotten.

This is your cue to say, "Awww!!"


Just a short six months later, we were engaged.


And then we were married three years and two months after that.


And, now, four years later, we're celebrating at the Spaghetti Factory.


I thank my Lord and Savior every night for my best friend. I am extremely blessed to be married to someone who is such a wonderful spiritual leader, someone who is a source of strength, someone who can make me laugh, and someone who has his priorities in line.


"Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Four years ago, my life was changed forever... and I am a better person because of it. My life is immensely blessed as a result of the love I share with Andrew!

Here's to what's to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment