10 November 2010

Banana Bread

I thought that I had already posted the recipe for this delicious bread, but a few weeks ago, a friend on facebook asked me for it. I couldn't find it on here, so I decided that the next time I made it, I would take pictures in order to post about it. If I've already posted this, be pateint and read anyway!

First of all, the recipe came from the recipe book my mom compiled for me, and I also believe that it is the best banana bread around. It's incredibly moist, flavorful, and just plain scrumptious.

Ingredients:

3 large, ripe bananas (the more brown spots- the better)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda (dissolve in a tiny bit of hot water)

Preparation:


Chop bananas.


Mash bananas. I mean, really mash. Minimal bumps is preferred. This will allow for a better bread with no awkward chunks.


Add all ingredients.


Mix well. Do not over-stir. This will cause the bread to be tough. No one wants to eat tough bread.


Pour into a greased pan.


Bake at 350 degrees until done. This takes about 45-50 minutes. It is done when a toothpick comes out clean.

Also, it may be necessary to cover with aluminum foil halfway through baking if the bread is getting too brown too quickly. Just keep an eye on it : )

Let cool... and enjoy!

Tip: If you do cover with foil, use that foil to store the banana bread in after it's cooled!


No comments:

Post a Comment