08 November 2010

Fast & Easy

As you already know, I love to cook. However, there are some days that I don't feel like putting together an elaborate meal, and I just want to take the easy way out. Many often turn to fast food at a time like this, but Andrew and I really monitor how much fast food we consume (which we try to keep close to none).

Over the past month, we have discovered two delicious, quick, and easy meal ideas that fit the budget and fall within our desire to remain as healthy as possible.

Choice One: Reuben Sandwiches

Ingredients:

Corned Beef
Rye Bread
Sauerkraut
Swiss Cheese
Thousand Island Dressing
Olive Oil Butter


Andrew heats the corned beef and sauerkraut in a skillet.

Meanwhile, he butters the outside of each piece of bread.

He then layers each ingredient on the rye bread.

Toast one side, then flip... much like a grilled cheese sandwich.


Press each side with a panini press (a George Foreman grill works just as well) until both sides are golden brown.


Cut in half. Serve. Savor.

Choice Two: Fish Sandwiches

Ingredients:

Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets (we prefer Aldi's Sea Queen Golden Crunchy Tilapia Fillets)
Buns
American Cheese
Tarter Sauce


Prepare fish as directed.

Layer cheese, tartar sauce, and fish on a bun.


Serve with macaroni and cheese (we like the Toy Story shapes) and enjoy!

Like I said, both of these tasty options keep us from running to a fast food joint for lunch. They are extremely healthy, but they sure are better than McDonalds!

A side note... one of my weird cravings is a good fish sandwich. Sometimes, I crave them so much that I just have to stop somewhere and get one. I'm so glad we discovered these, because I can now enjoy this odd craving without grease dripping down my arm!!

I'm so glad that GOOD meals don't always have to be fancy, and I'm also thankful that Andrew takes control of these meals! It's a nice treat. : )




3 comments:

  1. I enjoy cookin them! No it goes Bottom bun, cheese, fish, tartar sauce, top bun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you like to write my blog for me?!?! ; )

    ReplyDelete