28 November 2010

Christmas Cheer

We began decorating a little early this year since we knew we'd be busy with Thanksgiving plans and interviews. So, last weekend, we brought out the Christmas tree- despite being sick.


Theodore was very unsure about the whole process. He had to check every little detail out.


We began by fluffing the branches. Poor Andrew had the flu the day before, so he was pretty tired. He was a very good sport though : )


Still fluffing. Luckily, this tree is pretty easy to put up.


Trying to spice things up.


Our southwest tree topper. Have I ever mentioned that my husband cracks me up?!


Battling it out with the lights. You see, a lot of couples fight when it comes time to put up the tree. We didn't fight with each other- but we did duke it out with the lights. This was our third attempt... after making two trips to the store.


Andrew hanging the owl ornaments : )


Packing the tree full of goodies.


Almost finished!


Theodore really enjoys having a cozy place to sleep.


We took a break from decorating and curled up on the couch with popcorn and a movie.


A week later, the bows are on, the presents are finished, and it's complete! Such a pretty little tree.


And, as an added bonus, Andrew decorated our lightpost outside! We won't have an opportunity to decorate the outdoors this year, but this light post is so pretty that it doesn't matter to me!!

I love having my Christmas decorations up... and I love this time of year.


4 comments:

  1. So pretty!! I love your tree and I think we have a blanket just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's soo cute!!! It amazes me that other people don't have an issue with their cats and Christmas trees. Mine (even when we only had 2) would climb the tree and tear it to pieces. And they would be all over those Holiday bags tearing up the paper. Lucky!!!!! (I must just have really bad cats...lol!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather- Thank you! My brother got me that blanket a couple of years ago for my birthday!

    Jen- He's normally pretty good with the tree; however, today he's been quite the stinker. I've caught him trying to play with the ornaments several times. I nipped it in the bud fairly quickly, but sometimes his onery nature gets the best of him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look directly above my forearm in the 2nd picture, Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete