07 November 2010

Homemade Veggie Soup: My Made-Up Recipe

I love veggie soup, but I think that some vegetable soup is MUCH better than others, and there are some ingredients that I feel just don't belong. I also have never made veggie soup, but I decided to give it a whirl tonight. I used a basic broth recipe from another soup that I make and tweaked it a bit so it could house more veggies. Pretty much, I made up my own recipe. We just had a bowl, and it was delicious... even Andrew agrees. He's not usually a fan of veggie soup.

Here goes:

Ingredients:

1 pound lean turkey
2 cans diced tomatoes
3 cans water
12 beef bullion cubes
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can red beans (drained)
1 can kidney beans (drained)
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 head cabbage, chopped
8 ounces frozen corn
8 ounces frozen peas
8 ounces frozen cauliflower
8 ounces frozen broccoli
8 ounces frozen carrots

Preparation:


Brown turkey.

Combine all ingredients in a large pot.


Simmer on low for at least two hours.


Serve and enjoy!


Side note... veggie soup always tastes better with Hawaiian rolls! It's pretty much a fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment