18 November 2010

Simply Chic

I had a lunch date today. Helen (Andrew's Nana) invited me to her house to have lunch with her, Harry, and Keith (Andrew's Dad). I jumped at the chance to have lunch with three of my favorite people on my birthday. It doesn't get much better than that!

I wanted "dress up" a bit without "dressing up" at all. So...


I turned one of my felt flowers that I made yesterday into the cutest accessory! I love it!


I attached it to a skinny elastic headband... and it is actually pretty comfy to wear!

I see a lot more of these in my future... I might just make one for every outfit (or at least a brooch for every coat). Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration... but, I love how they dress up an outfit without needing to dress up at all. I just wore jeans and a casual shirt, but this headband added the extra pizazz that this outfit needed. In fact, as I was leaving, I met up with our pastor's parents. His step-mom commented on how nice I looked... and how much she loved my flower!

YAY for success and YAY for handmade, chic accessories.

By the way, if you did not read my previous blog, please do so. My birthday has been filled with many, many WONDERFUL blessings... including my lunch today. God is so, SO good to me.


1 comment: