23 November 2010

Pond Collection

For my birthday, my mom gave me the coolest handmade pottery piece. She has one herself, and I have been threatening to steal it for months now. Instead of losing hers to sticky fingers, she surprised me with it for my birthday!

She said that she left it empty so I could fill it with an arrangement of my own... even though her arrangement would have been stunning.


I had originally planned to put a sunflower arrangement in this pitcher, but my husband informed me that sunflowers are "way lame" and I can "do much better than that." Soo... we went searching through the floral section at Hobby Lobby.


I picked up some pretty funky ivory ball puffs and knew everything needed to compliment those. I also picked up some seed pods that I had been eyeballing for a few weeks. Andrew helped me pick out some other really fun items.

When we got everything together, he looked at it and informed me that it looked like a pond collection. At first, this didn't sound very appealing to me, but it quickly grew on me because everything looked so natural and beautiful.


So... here is the finished product! It is SO pretty sitting in the middle of the kitchen table! We really like the colors, the pottery, and the natural feel about this arrangement. Andrew says that he believes the pond collection will catch on quickly because it's so pretty!


3 comments: