17 November 2010

Truly Tailor Made: Take Two, Times Two

I received another custom order from a dear friend of mine. Yes, it was time to make another set of flower clips for my favorite twins girls. Heather asked me to make flower clips for Emily and Morgan to wear in the first birthday pictures. I asked her to describe the outfits they would be wearing, and she pointed me toward this picture:


She requested that the flower match the dark wine-ish purple stitching in their adorable shirts. I luckily had just the flowers for the task at hand... and I've been itching to make clips with these flowers since I purchased them two months ago.

Here is what I came up with:


Aren't they beautiful? I love the color!

When I am feeling better, my next step will be to find a thin ivory elastic to create a headband with. Heather put a bug in my ear that she would love flower clips attached to headbands much like these:


So, I plan to learn how! I hope I can master the headband, but if it is a total flop, I will also be sending two alligator clips that she can hot glue on in a jiffy if necessary.

I will surely post again if I do figure out how to sucessfully make the headbands. I hope I do, because they are definitely cute!

Also, another friend suggested that I begin making silk floral brooches. I plan to try those out as well... once again, as soon as I'm feeling a little bit better!


1 comment: