20 November 2010

Life With Gato

The Bachelor Pad:




Since Theodore cannot be trusted alone at night, he currently has his own room. We refer to it as the Bachelor Pad. You see, I did leave Theodore out last weekend while my mom was here. A ponytail holder went missing on Friday night. It reappeared yesterday morning. Gross. He's worse than a dog when it comes to eating things.

Anyway, he's very fond of his room. He makes sure to let everyone know that it belongs to him. His favorite part of his room? The chair by the window. He sleeps there at night, watches out the window, and has taken to staying in there most of the day. I blame that on him being almost 18 years-old in human years. He's been quite the teenager lately.

Anti-Social Gato:



As I said, he's taken to being a teenager. He's quite anti-social lately. He will either be in his room, or if he joins me at night, he will often face away from me instead of facing me like he did in the past. I'm not quite a fan of this stage, but, it too shall pass.

The Adorable Gato:


I love watching him sleep. He always looks so cozy... and he always sleeps in the most hilarious ways.


I also really enjoy when he tucks his paws and legs under like this. He looks like a seal.


He absolutely loves being snuggled up under blankets. It's too cute when he is, because he won't move for hours.

The Lap Cat:


Even though he's taken to being anti-social, there are some occasions where he just needs to snuggle with me. I'll wake up from a nap to find him curled up next to me, or while we're watching a movie, I'll suddenly find a cat in my lap.

He's pretty cute- and we're pretty fond of this furry creature.

The cutest thing he's done lately? Last night, we were watching a movie. I pulled my blanket onto me. Theodore hopped onto my lap from UNDER the blanket... stretched the blanket out as far as it would go with his head... until it covered Andrew's feet as well. Once this deliberate task was accomplished, he laid down and fell asleep between us. You see, Andrew normally only covers his feet while we're watching a movie... and Theodore had to make sure that Andrew, his best friend, was taken care of.

He's awfully sweet.

And, he makes life interesting.


3 comments:

  1. Cats can never be trusted. They are always running amuck. And you got to watch out for pony tail holders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they are sneaky creatures! And you have 5!!!

    Yes, it's the second one he's found... silly thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, I have to lock myself in the bedroom when I'm doing bigger projects. Just so I can have some piece without kitties arms and tails being EVERYWHERE!!

    ReplyDelete