11 January 2011

Day Twenty-Two: Most Awkward First Impression You Feel You've Ever Given


Unknowingly, my in-laws.

If you know the story of how Andrew and I met, then you already know that we met through a guy I was dating at the time. That guy happened to be Andrew's best friend. It's a good story- and it's not as bad as it may sound.

BUT... One thing was bad. Very, very bad.

The guy I was dating before Andrew did not have a very good reputation- and I did not know this at the time I was dating him. Andrew's parents; however, did know.

That means, when Andrew and I first began our relationship, they had the absolute wrong impression of me. They now laugh about it, but for a while, they thought that I was going to be bad news for Andrew.

Upon our first meeting, my father-in-law gave me the third degree. He grilled me on EVERYTHING. I mean religion, politics, education- any major issue was NOT left untouched.

I passed with flying colors- right down to which three churches I was going to try when I moved away to college. I met- and exceeded- his expectations... and I'm so thankful that I did!

So, my most awkward first impression was unknowingly given- but, it has since been recovered!


No comments:

Post a Comment